April 28, 2015 — Seven months after scientists warned about a synthetic stimulant drug called DMBA in bodybuilding supplements, the FDA has taken action by issuing warning letters to over a dozen manufacturers.
DMBA is chemically similar to DMAA, another synthetic stimulant that was an ingredient in OxyElite Pro and other blockbuster bodybuilding supplements. The FDA cracked down on DMAA in 2012 after it was linked to increased blood pressure, high blood pressure, and cardiac arrest.
Other names for DMBA include AMP Citrate, 1,3-Dimethylbutylamine, 2-amino-4-methylpentane, and 4-methyl-2-pentanamine.
Last October, researchers at Harvard found DMBA in 12 supplements. The researchers demanded immediate action from the FDA and warned that DMBA was a “synthetic stimulant never tested in humans.”
Warnings were issued for the following manufacturers and products:
- 1ViZN LLC: Velocity
- Vital Pharmaceuticals Inc. dba VPX Sports: VPX Redline White Heat, MD2 Meltdown
- RPM Nutrition, LLC: Red Rum SS
- Prime Nutrition: PWO/STIM
- Powder City, LLC: AMP Citrate
- Nutrex Research, Inc.: Adipodex
- Lecheek Nutrition: AMPilean, AMPitropin
- Iron Forged Nutrition: Contraband
- Genomyx LLC: EVOL
- DSEO LLC: HybriLean, PREAMP
- Core Nutritionals: AMP Citrate
- Brand New Energy, LLC: Yellow Bullet AMP
- Blackstone Labs LLC: Angel Dust
- Beta Labs: Oxyphen XR Amp’d
Do I have a Dietary Supplement Lawsuit?
The Schmidt Firm, PLLC is currently accepting supplement induced injury cases in all 50 states. If you or somebody you know has been injured by DMBA or AMP Citrate, you should contact our lawyers immediately for a free case consultation. Please use the form below to contact our Dietary Supplement Litigation Group or call toll free 24 hours a day at (866) 920-0753.
Attention Lawyers: We consider a referral from another law firm to be one of the greatest compliments. If your firm is interested in referring us a case or for us to send you a list of previous award judgments and/or average referral fees, please visit the Lawyer Referral section of our website.