Invega (paliperidone) is associated with gynecomastia (enlarged male breast tissue), which can be extreme in some cases. The manufacturers of Invega and a similar drug, Risperdal, are currently facing more than 130 gynecomastia lawsuits, including one plaintiff who had size 38D breasts. Invega gynecomastia symptoms can include enlarged breasts and/or nipples, nipple discharge, pain or sensitivity, and more.
What You Can Do & How an Invega Lawsuit Can Help
The Schmidt Firm, PLLC is currently accepting Invega induced injury cases in all 50 states. If you or somebody you know was injured by gynecomastia after using Invega, you should contact our lawyers immediately for a free case consultation. Please use the form below to contact our Defective Drug Litigation Group or call us toll-free 24 hours a day at (866) 920-0753.
Invega and Gynecomastia
The antipsychotic medication Invega (paliperidone) is associated with an increased risk of gynecomastia (enlarged male breast tissue). This is because Invega can increase production of a hormone called prolactin, which is naturally produced by the body during pregnancy and lactation. In males, excess prolactin causes gynecomastia, impotence (sexual dysfunction), and discharge from the nipples. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, the manufacturer of Invega, recommends that individuals with these symptoms should seek medical attention.
Invega Gynecomastia Symptoms
Symptoms of gynecomastia associated with Invega include:
- Male breast enlargement: This is the primary symptom of gynecomastia. It may affect one breast or both breasts, though the condition is usually symmetrical. The enlargement affects glandular tissue and/or the nipples, typically producing a conical shape.
- Breast pain: It may be minor tenderness or sensitivity. The condition is rarely extremely painful.
- Swelling or rubbery nipples
- Firmness in breasts and nipples: The breasts are firm because they involve glandular tissue instead of fatty deposits. However, hard lumps or “nodules” may be a symptom of cancer or an abscess.
- Psychological trauma: Males with enlarged breasts (especially adolescents) can also suffer extreme embarrassment and psycho-social trauma.
Gynecomastia symptoms should be evaluated by a doctor. They can also be symptoms of life-threatening breast cancer, abscesses, or other serious medical conditions.
Do I have an Invega Lawsuit?
The Schmidt Firm, PLLC is currently accepting Invega injury cases in all 50 states. If you or somebody you know was injured by gynecomastia after using Invega, you should contact our lawyers immediately for a free case consultation. Please use the form below to contact our Defective Drug Litigation Group or call us toll-free 24 hours a day at (866) 920-0753.
Attention Lawyers: We consider a referral from another law firm to be one of the greatest compliments. If your firm is interested in referring us a case or for us to send you a list of previous award judgments and/or average referral fees, please visit the Lawyer Referral section of our website.