Do you have a Tdap vaccine lawsuit? If you or your loved one has been injured by this vaccine, you may qualify for up to $250,000 by filing a Tdap vaccine injury claim with the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP). This program has been set up to help the victims of vaccine injuries. Although very rare, the Tdap vaccine can cause life-threatening allergic reactions, seizures, brain damage, permanent disability, death, and more.
What You Can Do & How a Tdap Vaccine Lawsuit Can Help
The Schmidt Firm, PLLC is currently accepting Tdap Vaccine injury claims in all 50 states. If you or somebody you know has been injured by Tdap Vaccine, you should contact our lawyers immediately for a free case consultation. Please use the form below to contact our Tdap Vaccine Litigation Group or call us toll-free 24 hours a day at (866) 920-0753.
Tdap Vaccine Overview
The Tdap vaccine is a booster shot that is given to adolescents and adults to supplement immunity given by the DTaP vaccine. These vaccines prevent the following illnesses:
- Tetanus (lockjaw): The bacteria that causes tetanus usually infects people when it enters through an open wound. Inside the body, the bacteria produces a neurotoxin that interferes with nerve signals to muscles. This can cause muscles to “lock up” or spasm so severely that they break bones.
- Diphtheria: This is an upper respiratory tract infection that is easily spread. It can cause a thick, fibrous, gray-black covering in the nose and throat, which can block the person’s airway.
- Pertussis (whooping cough): This highly-contagious disease causes severe, uncontrollable fits of coughing that interfere with breathing, eating, and swallowing. The name “whooping cough” comes from the “whooping” noise people make when they are trying to breathe during coughing fits.
Note: Tdap is not the same as DTaP. They both protect against the same diseases, but they are given at different times. DTaP is a childhood immunization, and Tdap is the booster shot.
Experts recommend the Tdap vaccine for adults who come in contact with infants, new mothers who have never received Tdap, and health care workers.
Tdap Vaccine Side Effects
In rare cases, the Tdap vaccine can cause serious side effects. To minimize this risk, experts recommend that people should not get the Tdap vaccine if they have had a serious allergic reaction or any other medical problem after getting the DTaP vaccine. Usually, Tdap vaccine side effects are caused by the pertussis part of the vaccine. People who have had reactions to the pertussis vaccine in the past are usually given the Td vaccine, which lacks the pertussis part.
However, even people with no history of vaccine reactions can suffer a life-threatening reaction from the Tdap vaccine. Contact The Schmidt Firm, PLLC today if you or your loved one was injured by the Tdap vaccine. Severe side effects of this vaccine may include, but are not limited to:
- Allergic reaction, which may be life-threatening
- Breathing difficulties
- Severe pain and swelling at the injection site
- Severe fatigue, tiredness, lack of appetite, or vomiting
- Brachial neuritis (neurological and muscular disease)
- Seizures (jerking or staring)
- Seizure disorder which may be permanent and cause serious injury
- Brain damage
- Fever (higher than 105 degrees)
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- Lowered consciousness
- And more
Tdap Vaccine Injury Claim
If you have a Tdap vaccine injury claim, you could be eligible for up to $250,000 in financial compensation for your pain and suffering, past and future medical expenses, lost income, and more. To find out if you are eligible for a Tdap vaccine injury claim, contact The Schmidt Firm, PLLC today.
Although rare, vaccines can occasionally cause severe injury, permanent disability, or death. To help the victims of vaccine injuries, the U.S. government has set up a special program called the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP). The VICP is funded by a $0.75 tax on all vaccines sold in the U.S. Since the program began in 1989, the VICP has awarded more than $2.4 billion to settle vaccine injury claims.
Certain eligibility requirements must be met before you can file a Tdap vaccine injury claim, including:
- The Tdap vaccine must have caused injury to you or your child. You may also be eligible for compensation if you are a legal guardian of a child or a disabled adult who was harmed, or if you are the family member of someone who died.
- The VICP only awards compensation for serious injuries. Your Tdap vaccine injury must have lasted for at least six months, or required hospitalization or surgery, or caused a disability or death.
- You have a limited amount of time to file your Tdap vaccine injury claim, so act quickly — you have 2 years to file a claim for death, 3 years for injury, and 4 years for a serious injury which ultimately resulted in a death.
Do I have a Tdap Vaccine Lawsuit?
The Schmidt Firm, PLLC is currently accepting Tdap Vaccine induced injury cases in all 50 states. If you or somebody you know has been injured by Tdap Vaccine, you should contact our lawyers immediately for a free case consultation. Please use the form below to contact our Tdap Vaccine Litigation Group or call toll free 24 hours a day at (866) 920-0753.
Attention Lawyers: We consider a referral from another law firm to be one of the greatest compliments. If your firm is interested in referring us a case or for us to send you a list of previous award judgments and/or average referral fees, please visit the Lawyer Referral section of our website.