Call Today for a FREE Confidential Case Review - Toll-Free 24/7 (866) 920-0753

$3.6 Million Awarded in IVC Filter Trial in Arizona

$3.6 Million Awarded in IVC Filter Trial in Arizona

April 2, 2018 — C.R. Bard has been ordered to pay $3.6 million to a woman who was injured by an IVC Filter.

The woman, Sherr-Una Booker, was awarded $1.6 million in compensatory damages after the federal jury in Arizona determined that C.R. Bard failed to warn her about side effects of its IVC Filters.

The jury also awarded her $2 million in punitive damages, attributing 80% of her injuries to C.R. Bard and the other 20% to a radiologist who failed to notice that her IVC Filter fractured in 2009, before her injuries worsened to the point where she needed open-heart surgery.

Booker was implanted with a Bard IVC Filter on June 21, 2007. She required open-heart surgery to remove it in 2014, after the filter tilted, migrated, fractured, and broken pieces punctured her vein. Despite surgery to remove the filter, a broken piece remains inside her heart.

The case was the first so-called “bellwether” trial in a centralized federal litigation against C.R. Bard, where over 3,600 similar lawsuits remain pending in Arizona. Another 3,800 IVC Filter lawsuits are centralized in Indiana against Cook Medical Inc.

The lawsuit is In RE: Booker v. BardCase No. 2:16-cv-00474In RE: Bard IVC Filters Products Liability Litigation in the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona.

Do I have an IVC Filter Lawsuit?

The Schmidt Firm, PLLC is currently accepting IVC Filter induced injury cases in all 50 states. If you or somebody you know has been injured by an IVC Filter, you should contact our lawyers immediately for a free case consultation. Please use the form below to contact our Defective Medical Device Litigation Group or call toll free 24 hours a day at (866) 920-0753.

Attention Lawyers: We consider a referral from another law firm to be one of the greatest compliments. If your firm is interested in referring us a case or for us to send you a list of previous award judgments and/or average referral fees, please visit the Lawyer Referral section of our website.

Free Case Evaluation

The Schmidt Firm, PLLC has been recognized as one of the nation’s leading plaintiffs’ law firms and handles cases in all 50 states. We are very proud of our legal achievements, but equally self-respecting of our firm’s reputation for providing personal attention to each and every client we represent.

No matter what type of case you have, you may contact us with confidence by filling out the email contact form below or calling us directly by dialing toll free 24 hrs/day (866) 920-0753.

*
*
*