July 2, 2021 — Merkley & Sons Packing, of Jasper, Indiana, recalled certain ground beef products due to a risk of E. coli contamination.
No illnesses were reported. Instead, the recall was issued after a routine sample in the production of 1-pound packages of ground beef indicated possible E. coli contamination.
The recall involves 1-pound and 5-pound packages of Ground Beef (80% Lean) sold between June 7 and June 24, 2021.
The products were sold at the following retail locations:
- Big Peach Produce Stand; Bruceville, IN
- Birdseye Conservation Club; Birdseye, IN
- Buck’s Produce; Marengo, IN
- Discount Grocery; Loogootee, IN
- Dutch Pantry; Vincennes, IN
- Fast Eddies; French Lick, IN
- IGA; Loogootee, IN
- Jay C; Washington, IN
- Kalb’s; Dubois, IN
- Merkley and Sons Packing Company retail store; Jasper, IN
- Nicholson Valley Grocery; Dubois, IN
- Shepherds Loft; Montgomery, IN
- Spud Food Mart; Jasper, IN
- Sunny’s Celestine; Celestine, IN
Do I have a Ground Beef E. coli Lawsuit?
The Schmidt Firm, PLLC is currently accepting E. coli induced injury cases in all 50 states. If you or somebody you know has been diagnosed with E. coli after eating recalled ground beef, you should contact our lawyers immediately for a free case consultation. Please use the form below to contact our Food Poisoning Litigation Group or call toll free 24 hours a day at (866) 920-0753.
Attention Lawyers: We consider a referral from another law firm to be one of the greatest compliments. If your firm is interested in referring us a case or for us to send you a list of previous award judgments and/or average referral fees, please visit the Lawyer Referral section of our website.