April 6, 2022 — A pressure cooker malfunctioned and caused an overnight house fire in Louisiana, according to KATC News.
Firefighters responded to the accident on Saturday, April 2, at 12:44 AM in the 100 block of Appaloosa Street in Scott, Louisiana.
“Upon arrival, firefighters found a woman who was living in the home in her front yard. Heavy smoke was emitting from a front window as firefighters entered the home,” according to the report.
Firefighters quickly brought the blaze under control. The kitchen sustained moderate fire damage and the rest of the home had minor smoke damage.
The woman escaped uninjured after being alerted to the fire by the smell of smoke and the activation of smoke alarms.
Do I have a Pressure Cooker Lawsuit?
The Schmidt Firm, PLLC is currently accepting pressure cooker induced injury cases in all 50 states. If you or somebody you know has been injured or burned by a pressure cooker explosion, you should contact our lawyers immediately for a free case consultation. Please use the form below to contact our Product Liability Litigation Group or call toll free 24 hours a day at (866) 920-0753.
Attention Lawyers: We consider a referral from another law firm to be one of the greatest compliments. If your firm is interested in referring us a case or for us to send you a list of previous award judgments and/or average referral fees, please visit the Lawyer Referral section of our website.