March 1, 2021 — J&J Distributing recalled several brands of taco trays, dips, salads, sandwiches and wraps due to a risk of Listeria infections.
On February 26, the FDA reported that J&J Distributing had recalled several types of taco products and a turkey sandwich that were sold nationwide.
No illnesses were linked to the recalled items. The recall was issued after Listeria was detected on a utensil that was used to make the food. The recall involves the following items:
- Haug® Taco Tray
- Haug® Mini 7 Layer Dip Tray
- Fresh Thyme® Taco Dip
- Tastebuds® Layered Fiesta Taco Dip
- Tastebuds® Taco Platter
- Tastebuds® Taco Dip
- Earthgrown® Mini Taco Dip
- Caribou® Turkey Sandwich
- Kwik Trip® Taco Dip
On February 26, the USDA Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) also announced a recall for several meat-containing salads and wraps.
The recalled foods were produced and packaged by J&J Distributing on February 23, 2021, and labeled with a “Sell-by” date of February 26, 2021. The recall involves the following items:
- 9-oz plastic container of “COBB SALAD”
- 10-oz. plastic container of “Because life is delicious. tastebuds Bacon Lettuce Avocado Tomato Wrap”
- 10-oz. plastic container of “Because life is delicious. tastebuds Turkey Ranch Club Wrap”
- 10-oz. plastic container of “Because life is delicious. tastebuds Chicken Caesar Wrap”
- 12-oz. plastic container of “Because life is delicious. tastebuds Southwest Style Chicken Salad”
- 12-oz. plastic container of “Southwest Style Chicken Salad”
Do I have a Listeria Lawsuit?
The Schmidt Firm, PLLC is currently accepting Listeria induced injury cases in all 50 states. If you or somebody you know has been diagnosed with a Listeria infection after eating recalled taco products, sandwiches, salads, or wraps, you should contact our lawyers immediately for a free case consultation. Please use the form below to contact our Food Poisoning Litigation Group or call toll free 24 hours a day at (866) 920-0753.
Attention Lawyers: We consider a referral from another law firm to be one of the greatest compliments. If your firm is interested in referring us a case or for us to send you a list of previous award judgments and/or average referral fees, please visit the Lawyer Referral section of our website.