July 22, 2016 — A recall has been issued for Bar-S hotdogs and corndogs due to possible contamination with Listeria.
The USDA announced the recall due to recurring Listeria issues at the firm. However, no products actually tested positive for Listeria and no illnesses have been reported.
Eating food contaminated with Listeria can cause severe food poisoning, especially in children under 5, older adults, people with weak immune systems, and pregnant women.
Anyone in these high-risk groups who develops a flu-like illness within two months of eating recalled food should seek medical attention and tell the doctor about eating Listeria-tainted food.
Bar-S is recalling the following products:
- Bar-S Classic Bun-Length Franks (1-lb): Made with chicken, pork added. Use-By Date of 10/11/2016. Case code 209
- Bar-S Classic Franks (12-oz): Made with chicken, pork added. Package code 6338, Use-By date of 10/10/2016, Case code 6405.
- Signature Pick 5 Corndogs – 8 Honey Batter Dipped Franks on a Stick (1.5-lb): Use-by date of 4/6/2017. Case Code 6071
- Bar-S Classic Corndogs – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks on a Stick (2.67-lb): Use-by dates of 4/7/2017 and 4/8/2017. Case Code 6396.
- Bar-S Classic Corn Dogs – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks on a Stick (3-lb): Package code 14054. Use-By dates of 4/6/2017 and 4/9/2017. Case code 14038.
The symptoms of a Listeria infection are fever, muscle aches, headache, stiff neck, confusion, loss of balance, and convulsions. In some cases, these symptoms are preceded by diarrhea or other gastrointestinal problems. Listeria infection can become invasive, spread to the bloodstream, and cause bacteremia or meningitis. In pregnant women, the infection can also cause miscarriage or stillbirth.
Do I have a Listeria Lawsuit?
The Schmidt Firm, PLLC is currently accepting Bar-S hotdog and corndog induced injury cases in all 50 states. If you or somebody you know has been diagnosed with Listeria, you should contact our lawyers immediately for a free case consultation. Please use the form below to contact our Food Poisoning Litigation Group or call toll free 24 hours a day at (866) 920-0753.
Attention Lawyers: We consider a referral from another law firm to be one of the greatest compliments. If your firm is interested in referring us a case or for us to send you a list of previous award judgments and/or average referral fees, please visit the Lawyer Referral section of our website.