November 19, 2015 — Home Depot continued to sell 28 different products after recalls were announced, according to a warning from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
Federal law prohibits resale of recalled products. Home Depot allegedly sold 2,310 individual products under recall, including about 1,300 directly to consumers and 1,010 to salvagers or recyclers who might have resold them to consumers.
Safety hazards include fire, burn, shock, falls, lacerations or other injuries depending on the product. The products include fire extinguishers, lights, step-ladders, smoke alarms, washing machines, and more.
The CPSC warns consumers to immediately stop using the products and contact the manufacturer to receive a remedy — refund, replacement, or repair.
List of recalled products sold at Home Depot:
- CE Tech 1,000 Ft. Riser Cable
- Cordelia Two-Lamp Fluorescent Shop Lights
- Easy Reach by Gorilla Ladders 3-Step Pro Series Step Stools
- Fiskars Bypass Lopper Shears
- Genie Garage Door Openers
- Harris Products Group and Lincoln Electric Welding Torch Handles
- HeathCo Motion-Activated Outdoor Lights
- Homelite Electric Blower Vacuums
- Kidde Disposable Plastic Fire Extinguishers
- Kidde Smoke and Combination Smoke/CO Alarms
- Legrand Under-Cabinet Power Strips
- LG Electric Ranges
- LG Top-Loading Washing Machines
- Lithonia Quantum® ELM and ELM2 Two-Light Emergency Lighting Fixtures
- MAT Industries HDX™ and Powermate® Two-Gallon Air Compressors
- Mohawk Altitude Gold Shag Rugs
- Nest Protect Smoke + CO Alarms
- Nourison I-CANDI Collection Polyester Shag Rugs
- Pramac America Powermate Sx 5500 Portable Generators
- RSI Glacier Bay® Bathroom Medicine Cabinets
- Soleil Portable Fan Heaters
- SoleusAir Dehumidifiers by Gree Electric Appliances
- Vornado Air Electric Space Heaters
- Waterloo Industries Husky® Securelock Vertical Bike Hooks
- Westinghouse Lighting Glass Shade Holders
- Wing Enterprises Switch-It Stepladder/Stepstools
Do I have a Product Liability Lawsuit?
The Schmidt Firm, PLLC is currently accepting cases in all 50 states. If you or somebody you know has been injured by a defective product, you should contact our lawyers immediately for a free case consultation. Please use the form below to contact our Product Liability Litigation Group or call toll free 24 hours a day at (866) 920-0753.
Attention Lawyers: We consider a referral from another law firm to be one of the greatest compliments. If your firm is interested in referring us a case or for us to send you a list of previous award judgments and/or average referral fees, please visit the Lawyer Referral section of our website.