January 18, 2022 — Sunbeam Products has been hit by yet another lawsuit after a consumer was burned by a Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinal.
The plaintiff, Nicole A., is a woman from Santa Maria, California, who claims she suffered “serious and substantial injuries” in January 2020, when hot food and liquid blew out of her Crock-Pot pressure cooker.
In her lawsuit, she blames the incident on the failure of the pressure cooker’s lid, which failed to lock and prevent her from opening it when there was a dangerous amount of pressure inside the pot.
In November 2020, Sunbeam Products recalled nearly 1 million CrockPot® 6-Quart Express Crock Multi-Cookers due to a risk of severe burn injuries. The recall warns that the unit can build up pressure when the lid is not fully locked:
“This can cause the lid to suddenly detach while the product is in use, posing burn risks to consumers from hot food and liquids ejected from the product.”
In the recall, Sunbeam reported 119 incidents of lid detachment, resulting in 99 burn injuries ranging in severity from 1st-degree to 3rd-degree burns.
The lawsuit was filed on January 7, 2022 in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida (West Palm Beach) — Case Number 9:22-cv-80045.
Do I have a Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker Lawsuit?
The Schmidt Firm, PLLC is currently accepting Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker induced injury cases in all 50 states. If you or somebody you know has been injured or burned by an exploding pressure cooker, you should contact our lawyers immediately for a free case consultation. Please use the form below to contact our Product Liability Litigation Group or call toll free 24 hours a day at (866) 920-0753.
Attention Lawyers: We consider a referral from another law firm to be one of the greatest compliments. If your firm is interested in referring us a case or for us to send you a list of previous award judgments and/or average referral fees, please visit the Lawyer Referral section of our website.