February 1, 2018 — Price Chopper and Market 32 supermarkets have recalled AFC Sushi® pre-packaged tuna sushi after Listeria was found in products at stores in Pennsylvania and New York.
Price Chopper and Market 32 announced the recall for AFC Sushi, a product that was sold in the deli section. The supermarkets recalled all tuna sushi made by AFC Sushi, even though Listeria was only discovered in sushi at two supermarkets, according to the recall:
“To date, affected sushi has only been found at the Price Chopper stories in Edwardsville, PA, at 180 Westside Mall, and in Rotterdam, NY, at 1879 Altamont Avenue.”
Price Chopper reported that many of its customers have already been notified of the recall through the “SoundBite” notification program.
Consumers who may have purchased or eaten the sushi can check the following list of UPC codes and names of the recalled products:
- 2301200013 Plus Trio
- 2301200017 Sushi Ultimate
- 2301200023 Sushi Delight
- 2301200024 Sushi Deluxe
- 2301200026 Rock & Roll
- 2301200037 Chef Sampler C
- 2301200038 Chef Sampler D
- 2301200039 Chef Sampler E
- 2301200040 Jalapeno Roll
- 2301200050 Spicy Roll (BR Rice)
- 2301200070 Done Deal Roll
- 2301200100 Spicy Roll
- 2301200110 Hawaiian Roll
- 2301200121 Rainbow Roll
- 2301200210 Rainbow Roll Special
- 2301200211 Super Calif Mix
- 2301200212 Super Spicy Mix
- 2301200252 Sunny Delight Party Tray
- 2301200701 Happy Heart Platter
- 2301250190 Red Chili Roll
- 2301286181 Sashimi Sampler
- 2301286209 G-Shock Roll
- 2301286481 Chef Sampler A
- 2301286482 Chef Sampler B
- 2301290115 Hybrid Roku Platter
- 2301290116 Hybrid Go Tray
- 2301290117 Hybrid Yon Tray
- 2301290118 Hybrid San Platter
- 2301290119 Hybrid Ni Platter
- 2301290120 Hybrid Ichi Platter
- 2301290138 Spicy Tuna Roll SP
- 2301290169 Spicy Tuna Roll SP (BR)
- 2301290245 HYBRID MINI PLATTER
- 2301290360 CLASSIC YUMMY ROLL
- 2301290375 ABURI ALASKAN CHEESE ROLL
- 2301290376 ROASTED EEL & CUKE ROLL
- 2301290377 SEARED TUNA & MISO MAYO R
- 2301290378 SHRIMP DYNAMITE ROLL
- 2301290379 TUNA TATAKI ROLL
- 2301290380 UNA MAYO ROLL
There have been no reported illnesses, but Listeria infections can be deadly. The risk of serious complications is greater for young children, older adults, and people with vulnerable immune systems.
The symptoms of Listeria infection in a healthy adult may include high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. Infections can also cause miscarriage or stillbirth.
Anyone who bought the sushi should return it to the place of purchase for a full refund, or call AFC Sushi at 866-467-8744 for information.
Do I have a Sushi Food Poisoning Lawsuit?
The Schmidt Firm, PLLC is currently accepting sushi induced injury cases in all 50 states. If you or somebody you know has been diagnosed with Listeria, you should contact our lawyers immediately for a free case consultation. Please use the form below to contact our Food Poisoning Litigation Group or call toll free 24 hours a day at (866) 920-0753.
Attention Lawyers: We consider a referral from another law firm to be one of the greatest compliments. If your firm is interested in referring us a case or for us to send you a list of previous award judgments and/or average referral fees, please visit the Lawyer Referral section of our website.