Salmonella related food poisoning is a serious health concern in the United States. Infections can lead to hospitalization and even death, especially in the elderly, children and those with weakened immune systems.
What You Can Do & How We Can Help
The Schmidt Firm, PLLC is currently accepting Salmonella induced injury cases in all 50 states. If you or somebody you know has been severely injured or died, you should contact our lawyers immediately for a free case consultation. Please use the form below to contact our Food Poisoning Litigation Group or call toll free 24 hours a day at (866) 920-0753.
Salmonella Outbreaks & Recalls 2019
- April 2019 — Jensen Frozen Ground Tuna
- April 2019 — Pre-cut melon bowls from Target, Trader Joe’s, Kroger, Walmart, Amazon/Whole Foods
- March 2019 — Butterball Ground Turkey
- March 2019 — Pillsbury Unbleached All-Purpose Flour (5-lb Bags)
- January 2019 — Whole Foods Recalls Salads, Pizzas, Sandwiches and Wraps Containing Baby Spinach
- January 2019 — Hy-Vee Cheesecake
Salmonella Outbreaks & Recalls 2018
- November 2018 — Achdut Tahini and Hummus
- November 2018 — Cap’n Crunch Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal
- November 2018 — Jennie-O Raw Ground Turkey
- November 2018 — Barcelona Pistachio Nuts
- November 2018 — Duncan Hines Cake Mix
- October 2018 — Trader Joe’s Salads & Burritos
- October 2018 — Ruiz Foods Taquitos
- October 2018 — Jenny Craig BBQ Chicken Wraps
- October 2018 — Bazzini’s Pistachios
- October 2018 — Walmart and JBS Tolleson Ground Beef
- September 2018 — Gravel Ridge Farms Eggs
- September 2018 — Pasha Mediterranean Grill
- September 2018 — Empire kosher chicken
- July 2018 — Hungry Man Dinners
- July 2018 — Goldfish Crackers
- July 2018 — Swiss Rolls
- July 2018 — Ritz Cracker Sandwiches and Ritz Bitz
- July 2018 — Hy-Vee Pasta Salad
- June 2018 — Honey Smacks cereal
- June 2018 — Pre-cut watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew melons
- June 2018 — Ruby’s Pantry Chicken
- April 2018 — Eggs
- April 2018 — Kratom
- March 2018 — Vitamin Cottage Natural Food Market — Natural Grocers® Dried Coconut
- March 2018 — International Harvest — Go Smiles® Dried Coconut
- March 2018 — River Valley Sprouts
- February 2018 — Fareway chicken salad
- February 2018 — Burrito Delight
- January 2018 — Jimmy Johns Raw Sprouts
Salmonella Recalls 2017
Salmonella Recalls 2016
- August 10, 2016 — Alfalfa Sprouts Extraordinaire
- July 29, 2016 — Chapel Hill Creamery cheese
- June 8, 2016 — Nature Made vitamins
- March 10, 2016 — Trader Joe’s and Wonderful Pistachios
- February 19, 2016 — Alfalfa Sprouts from Sweetwater Farms
- February 4, 2016 — RAW Organic Shake & Meal Replacement
- January 18, 2016 — Trader Joe’s Raw Cashew Pieces
Salmonella Recalls 2015
- December 3, 2015 — JEM Raw Chocolate Nut Butters
- October 14, 2015 — Dole Spinach
- October 6, 2015 — Texas Star Nut and Food Co Macadamia Nuts
- October 2, 2015 — Aspen Foods Frozen, Raw Chicken Breasts
- August 14, 2015 — Whole hogs for BBQ pig-roasts
- July 29, 2015 — Kroger seasonings (garlic powder, bacon bits, black pepper, and cinnamon)
- July 16, 2015 — Frozen chicken
- July 13, 2015 — Barber Foods Frozen Chicken
- July 7, 2015 — Antioch Farms Chicken Cordon Bleu
- June 26, 2015 — Whole Foods Macadamia Nuts
- May 22, 2015 — Raw tuna in sushi
- April 28, 2015 — Raw pine nuts
- April 20, 2015 — Whole Foods macadamia nuts
- April 10, 2015 — Macadamia nuts
- March 30, 2015 — Aurora Products trail mixes and nuts
- March 20, 2015 — Wegmans Organic Walnut Halves & Pieces
- March 17, 2015 — Frontier, Simply Organic, and Whole Foods Garlic
- March 17, 2015 — Trader Joe’s Walnuts
- February 5, 2015 — Whole Foods Macadamia Nuts
UPDATE: Kapowsin Meats Salmonella Outbreak Over After Nearly 200 Sickened
December 3, 2015 — An outbreak of antibiotic-resistant Salmonella linked to pork products from Kapowsin Meats appears to be over after sickening 192 people in 5 states, according to the CDC. Click here to read more.
October 20, 2015 — A man has been awarded nearly $11.4 million after he was disabled by a severe Salmonella infection after eating at Old Country Buffet in Wyoming. Click here to read more.
September 8, 2015 — Cucumbers from Mexico are likely to blame for an outbreak of Salmonella that has infected 285 people in 27 states and killed a 99 year-old woman, according to a warning from the CDC. Click here to read more.
January 22, 2015 — In an effort to prevent 50,000 cases of food poisoning per year, the USDA has announced a new set of rules that would limit the acceptable level of Salmonella and Campylobacter contamination on chicken and turkey. Click here to read more.
What is Salmonella?
Salmonella is bacteria that can cause an infection known as salmonellosis. The infection can be serious or even deadly, especially for young children, the elderly, and people with weakened immune systems.
Most healthy adults recover without the need for medical attention, but some experience severe diarrhea or invasive infections that they need to be treated in a hospital.
Salmonella infection can spread from the intestines to the bloodstream, and then to other parts of the body. Also, in rare cases, a person may develop Reiter’s syndrome (reactive arthritis) which causes pain in their joints, irritation of the eyes, and painful urination. Reiter’s syndrome can last for months or years, and can lead to chronic arthritis.
Salmonella related food poisoning usually develops within the first 12-72 hours after ingesting the contaminated food and can last anywhere from 4 to 7 days. Symptoms may include:
- Repeated diarrhea, which may be bloody
- Abdominal cramps
- Severe abdominal pain
- Irritation and inflammation of the digestive tract
Do I Have a Salmonella Lawsuit?
The Schmidt Firm, PLLC is currently accepting food poisoning induced injury cases in all 50 states. If you or somebody you know has been diagnosed with Salmonella, you should contact our lawyers immediately for a free case consultation. Please use the form below to contact our Food Poisoning Litigation Group or call toll free 24 hours a day at (866) 920-0753.
Attention Lawyers: We consider a referral from another law firm to be one of the greatest compliments. If your firm is interested in referring us a case or for us to send you a list of previous award judgments and/or average referral fees, please visit the Lawyer Referral section of our website.